Combined with inbound marketing, marketing automation saves sales teams a lot of time. Thanks to the automation of certain marketing tasks, your sales teams can then focus on the essentials: customer relations and high value-added actions?
Often used in e-commerce or B2B, automation marketing is a technique that consists in automating repetitive tasks in the marketing field. This includes, in particular, emails confirming subscription to a newsletter, sending targeted and individualized emails… Its use has a real impact on customer satisfaction.
The automation is based on the company’s sales cycle. The process begins with the visitor’s first action and continues according to a predefined workflow based on the Internet user’s path. There are therefore several possible scenarios for the same site. In this case, each visitor action triggers an automated action.
But marketing automation can also be a set of actions that are triggered under certain conditions such as :
– The number of orders placed
– The most ordered type of product
– Sending an email on the occasion of the anniversary
– Sending a series of emails according to a predefined timing
– Downloading content
Once implemented, automation has many advantages for a company:
– An important time saving: automated actions are tasks that will no longer be performed by employees. This time saved can be replaced by customer relations, innovative or corrective actions…
– A better knowledge of its customers: each customer action is listed and makes it possible to specify the customer profile: purchasing habits, average basket…
– A real strategy is put in place: the company keeps control and navigates within sight. There is no room for chance here, each scenario is studied and linked to a series of automated actions.
– A reduction in marketing costs: a large part of the sales cycle is handled by marketing automation. Once the customer or prospect is well engaged in the conversion tunnel, a human contact can take over to finalize a sale.
The automation marketing technique is effective if and only if all possible interactions of the visitor are considered and if for each of these actions, an automated action is planned. The goal is to maintain contact with the prospect until the sale is completed. Then, the automation marketing continues through different contacts: sending emails, SMS, reminders of non-validated shopping cart, special offers….